With the current requirements to reduce the risk of transmission of viral infections including COVID-19, the following procedures should be followed before moving or removing STARC RealWall™ or LiteBarrier™ wall panels, doors and accessories either within any facility or transporting them to a different location including a warehouse.
What Needs to Be Done Prior to Dismantling
Prior to dismantling the system, all modules should be thoroughly vacuumed on the construction side, to remove all traces of dust and debris. The vacuuming should focus on the slots and tracks around the perimeter of the panels. A wipe down with a disinfecting antimicrobial product as recommended by the EPA and endorsed by the CDC should be accomplished on both sides of the modules prior to disassembly. A list of accepted products is provided here and should be applied as directed by the manufacturer. Commonly available materials include a diluted bleach solution (1/2 cup bleach to 1-gallon water), Clorox brand Disinfecting Wipes, Lysol brand Power Plus Toilet Bowl cleaner or Lysol brand Lime and Rust Toilet Bowl cleaner.
Alternative Disinfection Methods
Alternatively, other products or technologies may be employed to disinfect surfaces once the basic cleaning is completed, including UV sterilization and ionization / H2O2 misting (Steramist).
What Needs to Be Done Before Storing
Once the modules have been removed from the facility and prior to installation in another facility, they should undergo another cleaning cycle, again vacuuming and wiping down with an antimicrobial product, focusing on surfaces that were previously obscured.
- Panels should be raised up to full height and all surfaces wiped down with disinfectant;
- Corners should be extended and flexed during cleaning;
- Wall interface poles should be extended and metal shields moved during cleaning;
- Doors should be fully opened to permit access to gaskets and jamb surfaces;
- Brackets and small hardware can be submerged in a bucket of diluted bleach solution for a few minutes, but must thoroughly be dried afterward.
For more information or to discuss with a technical specialist, contact us.